View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
It just seems to me that the previous generations had less and coped with it better.
I don't think the vets of today are coping any less well than those of old. We're just more willing to talk about our problems.

Quote:
That makes me wonder if we are getting soldiers that should not be in that field. After all, not everybody is cut out to be a neurosurgeon or even something as blue collared as a welder. Looking as and taking notes for the wife's classes sometimes, I can see that I could probably do what she is doing ON PAPER. However, if push came to shove, She'd have to be plenty drunk and high and tired for me to equal her performance. So while I have the intelligence to do it, I do not have the aptitude and should NOT involve myself in her line of work. So maybe, we are simply recruiting soldiers who do not have the mentality to be soldiers?
There are people in every field who shouldn't be there. This isn't anything new. In the military we usually figure out which ones don't belong pretty quickly. Getting them gone however usually takes quite a bit longer.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 400,xxx miles
08 Suzuki GSX-R600 M4 Slip-on 22,xxx miles
88 Jaguar XJS V12 94,xxx miles. Work in progress.