View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funola View Post
What work van get 21-23 mpg? Didn't know you have 1.6 vw diesels. What do you have? I may need some parts./
astro vans/ mini cargo van.

engines are bespoke on all three at this point, but the 1.6s are an 85 Jetta, 85 Golf, and an 81 Rabbit Caddy.

The Caddy is a complete death trap, but useful parts include drivetrain and brakes and such. Also a rare rear sliding window for caddys. Only thing bespoke on this so far is the engine

Jetta is fairly complete, blown tranny, this whole car might be taken depending on deposit

Golf is complete, blown engine, tranny bespoke. Nice interior, nicest of the three actually, but i pulled it out of a field, and it was given to me because frankly, something large died inside it. I haven't brought myself to open it and find the body yet, and whatever it is has been cooking inside that car for 2 years in a field, so you can imagine what it smells like. Shame because the interior is nice.

PM me what you might need and I can see if its available. Ive got some VW guys putting their names down on parts so far and can add you to the list for when I part them.