View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 08:44 AM

Smile

I knew I could rely on the people in the forum to give me their honest opinions. I also wanted to make sure that the person giving me their opinions can relate to my predicament (since you are mostly MB owners).

Maybe, I should have mentioned the real reasons why I am considering it (in order of priority):
1. Practicality (I have three kids 8, 4, 2 yrs. old)
2. More space and comfortable to drive
3. Low Maintainance cost
4. Speed and oomph is not very important since I do not race anyway. I'm pretty happy with my 4 cyl. W202, so I assume the 6 cyl. A6 would be much better.

Is this a car I would be proud to drive? I mean, when I drive my MB and the BMW I used to have, people notice it. When I see a person driving a Volvo (w/c could costs up to $40K+), I don't really think much of it. Is an Audi in the same category as driving a Passat?

Is this also a car that you would love to drive for a long time (in terms of years). I'm sure the people in this forum can relate to what I am talking about. Is this a car I would like to keep until it reaches 200K miles?

How is the resale of this cars? I tend to keep my cars clean and well maintained. The last BMW I had, I was able to sell at 'Dealer Retail' price.

And lastly, when it comes to maintenance cost, Audi use to have a bad reputation in this area. I had a landlord before who made a lot of money in his Audi shop, but of course I am referring to the mid-80s models of the Quattro. I assume they are a lot better now.

Anyway, I appreciate the opinions and would love to hear more from you and the others. Thanks again to those who responded.

Best Regards,
JC