View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Who's flying this thing ?

If you sell the 240D...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
The 240D

Most of us wish we still had our first cars, and my kid adores the Benz but knows he needs something else. It occurred to me that it would be really neat to keep it and have it completely restored over the next four years and give it to him when he graduates. It would basically be a tiny bit of body work, removing little creases and dings here and there, paint and an interior refresh, window and door moldings, etc. It's mechanically very sound according to my indy.
This isn't a sales ad. Any opinions?
I'd possibly be interested in a W123 240D with a manual like yours to round out my car family...

What color is yours, if it is a euro does it have euro bumpers and headlights, MB tex, leather or cloth seats? Sunroof or Air con? What color is it? these cars are more rust prone but you are in Southern Arizona aren't you?

for a reasonable price in a month or two I might be interested in this if you are going to get rid of it (fly in, drive home) I do know Tucson, Mt, Lemmon, Ajo, Nogales AZ and Nogales Mexico and green valley ok, used to go there all the time when I had a home in San Francisco for a break from the eternal fog in SF before I got married......

Id promise it a loving home too. Washed every few days and waxed regularly and kept detailed.

Here is where it would live, with these vehicular brethren: I hope it has AC that eworksd, you ned it up here in the summer).

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)

Last edited by Jim B.; 07-21-2011 at 06:12 PM.