View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 07:49 PM

ASR/Limp Mode with consistent codes, opinions requested

After several months of no ASR light with Limp Mode, the monster resurfaced its head this week.

1994 E420 with ASR

Here is my new experience:
Got ASR light with LM. Restart and went away. Several times this week. Once a day, sometimes twice or 3 times a day.

I read and reset the codes at least 3 times:

ABS/ASR Module - Pin 6: 30 Can data bus to N4/1 interrupted (this one from previous experience shows up whenever there is a code that triggers ASR/LM)

EA/CC/ISC Module - Pin 7 : 14 Close Throttle Position Switch (S29/3) (on top of accelerator pedal)

Diagnostic Module - Pin 19 : 6 Idle Speed Control Inoperative (this one from previous experience shows up whenever there is a code that triggers ASR/LM)

Fortunately after years of knowledge accumulated in this forum, as well as personal experience, I have been able to fix, troubleshoot and help others solve many ASR/Limp Mode issues.

I am convinced it is an intermittent issue with the switch on the accelerator (S29/3). The codes are consistent.

Questions:
1.- Is there a test for the switch, without having to be a contorsionist?

2.- I could not find it in Peachparts, where can I find it (not dealer, please)

3.- Have anyone replaced this switch, and level of difficulty? (I am 6'2", and getting down there is no easy task for me. I remember the struggle when I replaced the switch on the brake pedal (S9/1) years ago fixing another ASR issue!!)

Thanks
609 Certified