View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:23 AM

Have you changed your fuel filters lately?
Did this just start?

This sounds like my car when I first got it. There was crap growing in the diesel from sitting. The pre fuel filter was getting clogged, causing lots of smoke. After cleaning out the tank, I still had too much smoke, I started using Heat to remove water from fuel, thought that would help, it did a tad. But still smoked like crazy, so much I did not want to drive it. I did put in some better fuel injectors and that helped. But still not perfect.

Before replacing body mounts and engine mounts I keep the idle up to keep everything from shaking, or put it in natural while stopped, to keep the smoking down. No drive threws for me.

Now I keep the idle down while in gear = less smoke it’s an automatic. And I also know how much to press the accelerator to not get the smoke, or get as much as I want.

Or you can just drive wide open most of the time to keep everything cleared out. This also helps keep the smoke down.
These are smoky cars.

Clean fuel, clean fuel filters, good spray pattern from injectors, and check everything everyone else said.
I did have Pierre replace something on the back of my injection Pump, not sure what it was. It did help.

I now have a car that smokes some and runs good.
These are smoky cars.