View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Banned

...for whatever trauma you endured, that caused you to embrace the "magical" , i am empathetic. however, you might want to investigate the source of your trauma, instead of blindly embracing - in an act of desperation - the false promises of some cult....

This statement helps me understand your thinking. It's possible you are involved in some form of counseling, etc.

I'm sure you can find scholarly, even-handed discussions of this within psychiatry/psychology/etc where the relationship between the rational and the non-rational (not irrational) is discussed.

The healthy dynamic between the rational and the non-rational is recognized by some as essential, whether secular or sacred. In many ways tonkovich whatever your particular dynamic is, that is your faith, your religion.

I'd suspect you'd say you have no faith but I have never someone who did dance within themselves between the rational and non-rational.

MS openly discusses his faith, his embracing of this interplay. I suggest that secularist delude themselves into believing they are exempt. The ferver with which they do so reveals how tightly they have crammed this aspect of themselves into their own, psychological 'blind spot'.

So this post was your suggestion that believers seek psychological help. My response is that this is a projection on the part of non-believers who are actually the ones who would benefit from wise and loving counsel.

Last edited by sjh; 08-04-2011 at 11:58 AM.