View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 10:10 AM

Final mount of the relay box with some wires I attached for testing the unit's operation. Just a couple of sensor wires and tach input which will not be in the haphazard way they are now.

I picked up the power at the terminal strip already mounted on the firewall. Both 12V battery and 12V ignition which made my wiring run short and fairly neat. You can't see it in this picture but the ground for the board is routed to main engine ground strap.

Megasquirt on my M110-6.jpg

It's alive! The reason for my sloppy sensor wiring. I wanted to get the electrical connections verified before I went further. Nothing like an overlooked connection problem to really frustrate you later on down the process. The injector pulse reading is in the red because there are no injectors installed for the ECU to get feed back.
Megasquirt on my M110-7.jpg

The wiring is good and we have power so it's time to move on to the next phase. The TBI unit. I get to cheat because I just happen to have an M110 engine sitting on a cart in my work shop. Carb, linkage, most hoses and lines removed for ease of access and display purposes. You won't have to strip your car down this far.
Megasquirt on my M110-8.jpg

The next two pics are of the Holley adapter plate (Holley part #17-41). I did have to re-cut the two rear mounting holes and using a dremel tool with a carbide bit recess a socket for the use of allen head cap screws to get the clearance I needed for the TBI. I'll show them in the next series of pictures.
Megasquirt on my M110-9.jpg
Megasquirt on my M110-10.jpg

I also drilled and helicoiled the three TBI mounting holes for metric threads. Not really needed but I figured I'd be consistent instead of using a mix of standard and metric bolts.