View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 08:09 PM

interesting facts. I have always been confused about how the bypass valve works and when its on and off.

the reason I shut off my super charger permanently, was so the super charger does not fail completely. I think when these things go out, they seize up and maybe it will cost more to fix.

when I picked up my car in 2004, it had 54k miles on it.. and I THINK it made the noisy super charger rattle back then too. I remember everybody at work telling me my new car sounded like **** when I would pull up..

now after many many many 6k rpm revs, the super charger is louder then ever now.. especially since I only drive city now.. I hear the rattle in the ranges of 1-2k rpm in all shifts, 1s, 2nd, 3rd, 4th in the city!. when I was driving down the street going say 35-40mph, I can hear it really good when I pass parked cars. it goes away when I left off gas. but once I press on the gas, I hear it immediately. In the city, my rpm range is always 1000-2000rpm casually driving and maintaining speed, and that rattle is constantly making nasty noise.

it definitely takes a trained ear to hear all the little noises different engines make.. to most people.. it all sounds normal. and sounds the same.