View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Watching SB LII every day

are the parts very unique or hard to find? if not, then i would in all likelihood, move on to someone who isn't put out w/ simple requests to verify compatibility/functionality.....like me or Daw2 (at least he was before he started charging $35/picture)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greazzer View Post
Thanks guys. I also agree with Hogweed's concerns, but from my own experience buyers generally fall into two broad camps: those who are serious or somewhat serious about buying a part and those just browsing. Although there is nothing "wrong" with browsing, I feel it is somewhat a inconsiderate. However, the upside is that one has pictures for the serious or somewhat serious buyer. So far, I have been very lucky in the parts that I have bought off the forums, BUT I have never heard of someone asking for money for a picture and being told I should not push too hard for information because that person could always sell the part for a lot more money. Just sounded odd to me. Also, generally sellers are pretty straight forward with information. I get somewhat concerned when terms or words start being used interchangably so that the part is not being described accurately. Let's see if the prospective seller answers my last effort for a straight foward answer to a very simple question.

James 4:8

"...let us put aside the blindness of mind of those who can conceive of nothing higher than what is known through the senses"
-Saint Gregory Palamas, ---Discourse on the Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ

Centrally located in North East Central Pa.