View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharias View Post

May I suggest that you put a tarp over the car and put it out of your mind until next spring. Then decide what you wish to do. It may be that you have too much on your mind at the moment to make a decision that you will be ok with later.

Been there.
This is excellent advice. Unless you Need Cash Now (and the car is not worth that much), a lot of issues on this car will keep for a long time without harming it that much. It can sit if you need it to and if you have the space. As said earlier, lots of the issues are pretty minor, little things here and there, especially with something so old, but as also said, the minute you try and drive this thing daily, tons of stuff is going to start to break, just because of age. Better go into that eyes wide open vs getting overwhelmed down the road.

Bet a couple grand easy over a year or so. lots of dried out rubber bits. My own 115 needs axles, a complete front end, and most of an interior after the mice moved in

I have been through the inherited car situation several times as well, and its potentially a very painful decision on what to do with something that represents far more than just a machine to you.

In my own case, I sat on a small mazda owned by my father I could not even fit in for a total of 8 years at the wishes of my sister