View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 05:47 PM
roas

One rule I would LOVE to see gone is the restriction on active aerodynamic aids! I think we are beyond unreliable actuators so the safety whinners can put a cork in it. I think active wings on the straights and in the corners would be a cool thing to watch.

I really have a hard time understanding why they keep trying to slow this sport down, isn't it supposed to be the King of Auto Racing? If the answer is safety, show me how many drivers have died in the last ten years.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kuan
The racing industry diverts the creative process from doing what is really innovative to small scale problem solving.

Kuan
I Agree 100% Kuan!

To many rules and restrictions already exist, I think the FIA needs to take a step back and look at the bigger picture of how F1 impacts the rest of the Automotive World, yet every time they change the rules they go ahead and tighten the noose. F1 as a motor sport has the potential to help develop and mature cutting edge technologies, like Fuel Cells for example.

What if the FIA would re-allow multiple engine configurations to exist with the benefit going to the developer? What if we had Fuel Cell powered cars competing, what about hybrid-electric powered cars, or even stricktly electric?

Who would benefit? Would the Sport, would the average consumer? I think so.

Frankly, I am surprised Bernie and Max didn't decide on bicycle size tires for the cars this time around! Ohh..... wait, thats next time.

Last edited by roas; 10-11-2002 at 05:58 PM.