View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 12:58 AM
Achieving Salvation

300SDL - Wha'ddya think?

Hello friends:

While I have no intention of selling my 190e right now, I have entertained the possibility of eventually looking into a diesel MB. I have a friend who had one and he absolutely loved it. Not to mention he had over 550k on the thing ... THAT was amazing. I got my 190e last March and bought it over the diesel for now because my car sits outside a lot and I know that diesels are not the best to be left sitting outside in the extreme cold.

I thought I would ask for your thoughts and opinions on the 300SDL. That woud be the model that I might consider switching to eventually. Are there any major problems with the 300SDL series? What might be the best years to look at when looking to buy? How about mileage -- what's a good mileage to shoot for when looking for a used 300SDL?

Maybe there are other diesel models that you would recommend that might be better than the 300SDL?

In terms of maintenance, I'm learning a lot about the 190e. How much different is a diesel to maintain than a gas model? I'm not a real handy person and have most of my work done at the dealership or an indie.

I would be grateful for your feedback.

Thanks friends!!

Take care and have a great weekend,
Michael.