View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honus View Post
Did she say that only the business owner profits from those things? I don't recall her saying that.

I don't see where anything she said should even be controversial. Businesses benefit from government expenditures and should pay their fair share in return. What's controversial about any of that?
I see it as an opening salvo to ever increasing taxation.
Progressives seem to not understand that any time a government raises taxes on a business/ corp, the business sees that as a cost of doing business and passes it on to the ultimate consumer. Sure you can show a line item as a tax on a business, and I guess that makes someone feel good, but the only ultimate payer of all taxes is the consumer.

My State, ( Maryland) has been run by liberals/ progressive sine before time. The legislature has little concept of how taxes get passed on to consumers. Time after time the legislature has raised taxes or fees on various businesses and said, " They do not have to pass this on to the consumer". But it always gets passed through to the consumer, and the law makers are always mystified by it. MD used to be HQ for many large banks, The legislature raised fees on banks, and the banks moved to Delaware. Again the law makers were mystified by that action.
All that taxes on businesses do is raise the cost of living for the citizen.