View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
Didn't ignore your clinging tenaciously to a convention. Comparing things to another thing is what we do as a species. By convention, we agree on a standard. It doesn't convey a special attribute other than popularity. A convenience. Like SI units. It could be furlongs, slugs and fahrenheit. The relationship stays the same. Just different constants.

It is a fundamental characteristic of nature that space is a medium. Were it not a medium it would not be deformable. That you argue with that fact is kind of silly, but you ran with it.

Then you introduced the ad hominem as part of your argument, which set me off because I thought that was cheap shot. Unfortunately, I sought to return in kind. You seem to have forgotten that little bit. Go back and look. You began with the whole puerile exchange (to borrow a wholly appropriate term from your usage in another thread). Until you did that I was okay with the give and take. But you personalized it. Your card. I followed suit.

Want to play nice? Fine with me.
I've quoted every action.

You introduced the insults, not I.

You claim differently. Fine; quote it & the evidence will speak for itself.

If not I have both provided technical basis for my comments and your introduction of rudeness.