View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 12:41 PM
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilcutt View Post
In particular, I am interested in how Rock and Roll came into existance.
It is my understanding that R&R evolved from the blues.

The Africans created the Blues because they tried but failed to copy European music.

From what I understand, no matter what the music-jazz, blues, rhythym and blues, rock, whatever-it is basically all the same music, because it all comes from the same source.
All this music comes from the circumstance that when the Africans were shipped to America, they super-imposed the African five-note scale on the European diatonic scale, which buggers up the third and sevenths, and thats what makes were called blue notes.

I believe change in music is always based on failure: As far as I have been able to determine, nobody who set deliberately set out to invent a new kind of music ever succeeded.
That same source is the creative human mind

I play drums, guitar, bass. I used to play punk, hardcore, and metal but haven't had the time nowadays. I mainly make purely electronic music now, mostly house trance and chillout. I enjoy playing with seeming abstractions such as synths and getting incredible music out of them.

Take a listen if you want
Rockchops's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth