View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I need an older car

1971 Mercedes 300 SEL Euro model

1971 Mercedes 300 SEL Euro model

This car is a Grey market 1971 300 SEL with the 3.5 L fuel injected V8.
Its a fairly complete European spec model . Sunroof, air bag suspension etc.
To my knowledge it was imported from Germany to New York in the '90, by a Swiss Air pilot, made its way to Indiana and then to Charlotte.

-the body suffers from the usual rust . The rockers, trunk side boxes,lower rear fenders, the front fenders all need repair or replacement
-The motor runs well . It has 110,000 kilometers on the odometer but it stopped working so who knows
-fresh oil change with new oil filter using Castrol motor oil
-freshly rebuilt front calipers with new rubber and metal lines in the front, new pads on all four wheels, new rubber and metal brake lines on left rear , new seals in the LR caliper
-New fuel pump and filter, gas tank flushed out.
-new Bosch coil resistor
-Auto Transmission shifts fine
-Air ride suspension is fully functional although it leaks down when parked. some times front or ear doesn't leak down making for interesting poses.
-Sunroof and all four power windows are in good functioning order although they could use a lubricating.
-the interior in in reasonably good condition considering it age. Leather seats have obvious tears , door panels are nice, the carpets are in good condition, the dash is excellent with no cracks either on the pad or wood, all wood trim is present although some of it need repair due to de-laminating on the edges., older Blaupunkt radio, nice steering wheel with minimal cracking on the left side and a good horn pad.
-all exterior trim is present and in fairly good condition
-all glass is in good condition
-includes original wheel chocks and tool roll

This car is being sold as a ambitious restoration project or parts car.
Currently registered and has a clear North Carolina title in my name.

$2000.00 firm as is

PM me for more detailed pictures

Last edited by BRM; 10-24-2011 at 08:56 AM.