View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 02:36 PM

Another Thank You to Enrique and his Staff

My son called to say the fan belt on his 1988 300ce self-destructed, car was towed to dealer, needed new belt tensioner. Dealer wanted three hours labor, way too much in my view. I went to LA to visit for 6 days, and while there tried to do the repair myself but, after removing all the pulleys, realized I didn't have necessary tools to finish the job, nor the desire. I called Enrique and made an appointment, arranged a tow and went with the car. I watched Carlos finish the job, and learned how to do it right. I showed Enrique the vinyl side cladding on the passenger door and asked if they had the clips to reinstall it. They did, and they did. I also mentioned the front passenger window was not working; they checked/tested the electrical connections, found some solder gunk in the fuse socket and removed it, swapped out some broken window switches with good ones I had brought, and voila, the window works!! And I had expected to have to buy a new motor or regulator. Then, on his own Jorge noticed my overflow tank hose was frayed and asked if I wanted it replaced, which he did. When I asked Enrique for the bill, he had charged me a whopping $10 more than the estimate for just the tensioner repair alone, tax included. Better service and helpfulness I have never seen in any repair shop, anywhere.

A special thanks to Jorge and Carlos.

Richard
93 300ce cabrio (black/grey/black top)
98 ml 320 (totaled @ 137,000 miles)
99 clk320 (black/grey/black top)