Thread: Eat reptiles?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2002, 10:38 PM
This space for sale

Quote:
Originally posted by tkamiya
Snibble,

I don't oppose your cause, but try to keep in mind, for some OTHER people, what you and I eat are truly hateful and discusting, like eat pork, beef, or whatever OTHERS think secret, dirty, etc, etc, etc.

What is good/bad is simply a reflection of one's culture and belief. When people in Asian countries eat turtles, they are usually consuming turtles that were farm raised for this purpose.

I hate to see someone HATE certain group of people doing certain things that are perfectly acceptable in their cultures. Especially among my Mercedes friends.
The only problem is that site whats selling TURTLE meat is from the US.. not some asian country. Besides... most if not all of the turtles that are eaten in the asian countries are WILD CAUGHT. Not to mention they are ENDANGERED. Why eat something thats not necessarily needed to live? I mean they have other more suffiecient alternatives such as pork and chicken. How much meat does one turtle actually provide? Not enough and not worth the price thats paid to rid of something endangered in my oppinion.