View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Holmes View Post
I have a 300TDT that was destroyed in an accident, the engine is perfect 214,000 km so that is 120,000 miles. What would this be worth? Tranny is perfect as well.
Since I live approximatly 160 miles from you I will keep it in mind. Every once in a blue moon I get a request. Usually for an engine.

The problem here is both the rust has made a lot of fair to good engines available in the past plus the current lack of following or survival for older mercedes diesels in the region.

As you are no doubt aware shipping is a problem in cost up here in Canada compared to the usa. For example not that many years ago I could move a ton of freight from florida to the us/canada border area for less than or simular to the cost of moving it the last 200 miles to our place.

Also throw an add on the moncton kijiji as the last request for an engine was a few months ago by a new bruinswick guy. I did not get any other information from him at the time.

The only local place I can think of to find a buyer might be a free add on kijiji in Halifax. I would not expect a large return on the combination. Demand is so sparse. Hope you do well. Rather than actually putting a value on it just get what you can in my opinion. Might try best offer.

Last edited by barry123400; 11-14-2011 at 08:42 PM.