View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Nicht verantwortlich

I can't thank you guys enough for the kind words. Really, I can't. I'm only 23 (going on 85) but I've already had to pack up and move ten separate times in my life. I've been here in TN for the last three years but still haven't made a single friend or gone out much. If it weren't for peach parts, my LP collection, and cigars I'd have gone insane by now surely.
Threes still a few chapters to the saga of the last year that I haven't told you guys either. Here's another, the story of Cole. Cole was born in '62 and was a full blown alcoholic by '79. Larry, my grandfather (yes, the bloke who ran out on poor old granny) has purchased sixteen cars, ten homes, and multiple businesses for Cole. Colehas never worked a day in his life, and on average consumes 48 beers a day. We have broken our hearts and our backs trying to get him sober, but despite two (completed) trips to rehab he saws back on the bottle in only a few weeks.
Two years ago Cole decided to stop trying altogether. He sat in his house and did nothing but drink and watch TV for a year. He ended up so deconditioned that he was unable to rise from his bed and started literally ****ting the bed... At 48. Of course old Larry rushed him to the hospital, and after a few weeks the docs there saved his life. When Cole got out of the hospital what do you think he did within forty eight hours? That's correct, drink. In February when Larry absconded with his whore, Cole dutifully followed the gravy train.

Are you ready for the sickening part? While my mom and I have been out here on the farm being caregivers / field hands, old Cole has been LIVING in a La Quinta in Florida on the beach since march on Larrys dime. Cole has always been grandmas favorite (he is her firstborn, after all) and she is unable to cope with his tailspin. Beloved Coleman is also a deadbeat dad to his two kids in Wisconsin whom he hasn't seen since 2007.

Words alone cannot express the pain of the betrayal, the lies, and the pain that my granny, mom, and I have been through. There's actually still more to the story than what you've read so far. It's actually cathartic to tell you guys, so I hope you don't mind the rambling novella above. I promise i will talk cars in my next post.

Last edited by JiveTurkey; 11-29-2011 at 10:43 PM.