View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Double question, all the way!! 1990 300SE 126

My front passenger brake caliper leaked ALL of my brake fluid out a couple days ago... I took the caliper all apart and cleaned all the brake fluid and grime off of it. The brake fluid ate some of the paint off my wheel... yay!!

Anyway, it turns out it was the bleeder valve that was leaking. Fixed the leak and bled the front brakes this morning but I still have awful brake pedal pressure. After hitting the gas pedal the brake wants to go to the floor... any pointers? I'm not terribly experienced with brake jobs so I need some help with this one before I kill someone on the road.

The other issue that's been bugging me is this clunking sound. Whenever I make a right turn there's this nasty pop/clunk that seems to speed up when I accelerate. I might be crazy but it also seems to only happen when I hit the accelerator. When I let off the clunk subsides... I think... It also likes to go away when I ease the wheel to the left.

All of my rubber joints look ok on the suspension as do the white plastic sway bars in the rear. Fearing the worst, I visually inspected the flex-disc and it looks to be in good shape. Any ideas? Would a broken motor or transmission mount cause the drive shaft to interfere with something?? I'm at a loss on this one...

Thanks!

'85 Cali 300D --- 193500 miles --- (Second one) Sold Nov '10

'82 300TDT --- 236,xxx miles --- (My first one) Sold July '09