View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 09:31 AM

Thanks mercmad,
It sounds relieving to me if it is probably preignition. Using a 1% ATF mixture for improvement is easy to do.
Questions:
1)Would you say that my shot valve stem seals (I am using a quart every 300 miles) are not making the case better. I am about to change these seals in the next week.
2) Is it true that Preignition are happening at low rpm rather than higher speeds?

Not sure if I'll get Castrol GTX 20/50 here in Oman (Middle East) where I am residing right now. But I am sure I can get a 20/50 Oil or such. With Temps above 75 in Winter I can probably use a SAE 40?
Oilpressure goes to the top as soon as 1500rpm are reached.

Finally you wouldn't change the chain guides- correct? Because the wear of the old aluminum/rubber guides doesn't influence the slack of the chain meaning new guides wouldn't improve anything.
Best Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercmad6.3 View Post
I would put money on preignition , you should also run 1 liter of ATF per 100 liters of fuel. This helps with preignition and cleans the combustion chambers getting rid of carbon build up, saves valve stems and seats and keeps the whole injection in good order. Chains do not fail that quickly.
You need to use a good oil such as Castrol GTX 20/50 .As long as the oil pressure goes to the top at engine speeds above idle ,you will be OK. We get really hot weather here in summer too and oil pressure dropping off is normal.