View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Ron59b

Sixto,

Here is my feedback:

Note **** One thing I just remembered, I forgot to remove the 2nd green disc item. I instead just used a piece of tubing to connect it where i removed the other line. ( connected at the Y connector)

I did make the adjustments you recommended to e vacuum lines and I had previously changed the transmission fluid and filter.

Fluid - the old fluid had an OLD smell and not a burnt smell.*

I took the car for a drive and noticed that it almost immediately had a problem * shifting into 3rd gear. Once I let off the accelerator, it then did shift into 3rd gear. Where I was driving was stop an go traffic. The car would continue ot shift fine some of the time, while the rest of the time it would not shift into 3rd gear. Also a few times the transmission appeared to slip. It also would kick into overdrive with the slightest pressure being put on the accelerator.*

I continued my drive and stopped at Walmart*and checked the fluid. I added about a 1/2 of a quart of fluid and returned home. The entire trip home the transmission performed much like before.*

Once I arrived home, I switched the vacuum line back to their original connection. I then disconnected the Bowden cable and took the car for a shorter drive. This time the car would not shift out of either 1st. Or 2nd. And continued to perform tis way the entire time.*

Not sure if this will make sense to you. I am not sure how to proceed now.*

Ron*

Last edited by ron59b; 01-12-2012 at 06:44 PM.