View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 01:01 PM
95 E320 w124 Wagon

Almost evertime I've dealt with an issue with my 95 e320 "Works on and off again (hours to days inbetween occurances) - it has been an eletrical issue with the wires or soldier joints in the fuses, relays, wiring harnesses. Fuel Pumps, AC Heat control, turn Signals, hazzard lights, oil level sender, and cruise control. Many of these things ended out being the insulation on the wiring deteriorating and causing intermitant problems. My thottle actuator wiring look ok....but two of the wires bare in certain spots that cause my cruise control to work 50% of the time. I think a combination of the wires touching each other from flex, vibration, heat, and condensation (along with no insulation) causes the crazy head scratching until you find the right part to replace. I sure did have replaced alot of fuses and relays (OVP, and main engine wiring harness...although it looked like it was going to go) that ended out not being the issue....but I guess it's one less thing. Good luck and let us know what you find.