View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 06:56 PM

hey guys just got back from enrique at mr.mb in reseda..
his inspection wasn't very through, no checklist or anything, and he didn't address anything or hook up any computers or anything until i pointed things out
he told me to fix only whats essential for the safety of me and, that my car is running healthy, and is going to need little things here and there..

anyways i got exhaust hangers (all of them but 1, i brought the part in)
oil change, 20w-40, and a new oil filter
air filter - charged me 35$ for it, but i told carlos to clean the airbox too, and next time ill change it myself as i can get it for 10 bucks online
-serpentine belt

carlos saw that the little connector to the throttle body wasn't good and changed it even without asking

-the only things that bothered me are that they inspected the car with their eyes
and that carlos said he hates seeing error lights on classics, he disconnected my windshield wiper fluid sensor

basically they didn't do a real inspection, just kind of put it on the rack, and went over it with their eyes.. i brought him a list, and enrique said that i kind of checked many things by myself already and he shrugged
when i asked about system internals, they kind of shrugged and said that its another job, that they have to open it up
and they didn't bother to go on a test drive until i asked, then they recommended i fix some stuff
and he said he'd check the vacuum system for me, but he didn't bother.. no compression checks or smoketest or anything..
they said if it passes smog it should be fine.

jim b i read a post saying alon recommended and enrique kind of said i know him.. haha

anyways i would go to blvd auto if you want a checklist of all the things to fix and inspection as i heard they are through, but laborwise, enrique isn't too bad

i ended up paying $291.55 for the whole job

wondering if i got ripped or not. but the guy seems fair.

parts said 200$ including the oil and labor was 90 ~ friend says i got ripped, but i did pay factory prices.. guess ill bring some things in myself next time..

also there was a v12 swap going into a 560 sec O_o

Last edited by gabzor; 02-09-2012 at 12:48 AM.