View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Turtlern56

W108 vacuum door lock clip picture HELP

Hello all,
1972 280se 4.5
Note my picture its the lock mechanism on passenger front door. Long rod coming up from bottom is coming from vacuum actuator. My problem is the clip/spring at the attaching point. Mine is broke? It is the rounded spring on left side and the piece hanging. round spring on right side appears ok and completely separate from issue?? Was it all one clip/spring(the left piece and dangling piece) or is dangling part separate broke spring/clip?? Part number? Where to find?

Problem is when locking from drivers side you have to push down on passenger lock to get it to go down. Actuator works fine both directions. its like this spring thing enables it be pulled up while locked yet should hold it in the upper slide area while being locked with vacuum . Unlocks fine always Locks fine 1 out of 20. I believe it has to do with being able to unlock from the inside. Anyways I have learned so much from you guys. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
W108 vacuum door lock clip picture HELP-img_0457-version-2.jpg   W108 vacuum door lock clip picture HELP-img_0456.jpg   W108 vacuum door lock clip picture HELP-img_0435.jpg   W108 vacuum door lock clip picture HELP-img_0445.jpg   W108 vacuum door lock clip picture HELP-img_0443.jpg