View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Dönerkebap

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanyel View Post
They get that from synthetic oil on the ground. You apparently misunderstand - they are not saying it always causes leaks. Your personal statistically irrelevant experience is obviously not evidence that it never results in leaks. Synthetic oil's propensity to leak is hardly provocative - even Mercedes has acknowleged it.

I'm having trouble with the logic of the last sentence - "If they leaked (with synthetic) it was because they needed new gaskets" Why would you replace gaskets that don't leak with conventional oil if you're using conventional oil?
What I'm having trouble with is the hostile tone of your post. I can safely say my relatively innocuous and neutral chime-in didn't quite deserve it.

This is an oil thread though so I should have known better than to post anything at all.

Regarding my personal experience being irrelevant, I disagree. The personal experiences of the members of this forum are an important source of analysis. From my understanding of your courteous reply, I'm not supposed to relay any of my personal experience because it's worthless to the discussion? No I think I'm as free to do so as anyone else.

What I meant, is that after switching to synthetic oil in cars that were previously run on dino only, no leaks were observed in my case which runs contrary to the popular belief that switching to synthetic on high mileage cars causes leaks. That's what I posted, and that's how it reads. I apologize if you have a problem but there is nothing I can do.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S 6k
'06 Ducati S2R800 14k(sold)