View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 11:49 PM
. . . . . . .

The K40 relay is the complete unit shown in the photo from post #7 with the part # A 000 540 00 72. Since it comes with all of the fuses etc. it is one of the more reasonably priced MB parts. There is no photo for the part in your link but I think it is for a smaller individual relay. After I posted my fix I had the lights all go on again within a few weeks. At that time my mechanic thought there was something else funny going on and traced the problem to a small relay elsewhere on the car. I don't remember where exactly it is at but he had an old one is his tool box. That was used as the replacement and it has been working fine ever since. I ordered extra relays to replace the part for him and also to keep one for a spare. The original part number I ordered was 0025427219 and I was told that had been replaced by 002542721964. This relay has been used in numerous places on MB cars for many years. It will show up as for convertible tops, ABS and many other electrical uses. The MB list is around $50 but there is a Hella part available from Phil. You might want to see what he shows for these part numbers. It should look like the photos attached. We never did figure out why replacing the K40 relay initially fixed the problem. The small relay that was finally replaced was not on the K40 relay though.
Attached Thumbnails
ABS, BAS, ESP lights on-a0025427219_hella.jpg   ABS, BAS, ESP lights on-a0025427219_hella2.jpg