View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Who's flying this thing ?

Exclamation St. Patrick's day ... It's a REALLY big deal in San Francisco too

Because it is FULL of Irish, natives, immigrants, legal and illegal, and a aven.
the illegals can speak English, so jobs for the men are easy to get in construction and as nannies for the girls.

It's celebrated ALL ovber town but the mecca is along Oute Geary "The Great Irish Way" that goes all the wayout to the Beach.

The SFPD gets in on the fun, but NOT how you'd think:

One year I remember going to what was then (I have been away from SF since late '04) Pat "O Shea's Mad Hatter ( "We cheat tourists and drunks" )

And naturally the SFPD is owned by the Irish and a huge contingent of Police showed up at Pat's. They used SFPD barricades to block off the #3 and #4 lanes there so they could park their squad cars there. And they were ALLL outside of their units, in uniform having a GOOD time. If I recfall they drank in uniform and had fun too!!

Pat's gave out free corned beef and cabbage and of course, POTATO (potatoes --- they ARE Irish, right? lol salad.

Inside it was a madhouse, beer everywhere, even got on the floor, which by the time I got in there was mixed in all over the floor with potato salad, and people were slipping ALL over it and falling down.

It was REALLY funny to see it --until YOU yourself fell down in the mess. (Lucky for me I didn't).

Good times! Good times in San Fran on St. Paddy's day!

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)

Last edited by Jim B.; 03-11-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: correct typo's.