View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 09:53 PM

In the process of negotiating a deal to purchase another 300E. It is an 86' complete car that I want as a donor/parts car so I can use complete engine bay looms/wiring mainly & toss all the butchered engine bay harness/s. It also has stock mags with new beefy tyres which will help with engineer cert & RWC etc. Also has a towbar that I can maybe fit minus the ball & tongue when not in use so it can be kinda stealth? This would be a very rare & expensive part here if you wanted it new & near impossible to locate a 2nd hand one that's for sure! Radiator looks quite new.

It did have bad condensation under oil cap along with fair bit of steam rising out of filler hole when not even warmed up? Definitely no coolant in engine oil nor oil in radiator/reservoir tank so, just think it's been sitting a while......

Only prevented me from securing the deal was it wouldn't run properly nor drive under load. It was bought by panel shop from auction so, may have been sitting for a time & has bad fuel &/or blocked filter? It did idle sweet but not for long enough.

Seller will be getting a once over done by mechanic over the weekend & I will be contacting him on the Monday to go see it again. Is actually good enough to do up as is & register but paintwork is shagged & I may as well strip the shat outta it & have engine/trans/diff/headlights etc as spares, then piz it off for scrap metal.

I can even use the twin thermo fans & may even reconnect aircon up again using donor parts? I am moving to Qld within next few years where weather is very hot! I really want to do without A/C but it's no fun driving in the heat without it. I have A/C in my Commodore & aint it sweet ma I could however do with the extra space without the compressor though where it sits.........

So, hopefully I get my parcel from Estonia friggin soon & I can give a fark again guys. I was so enthusiastic until workshops let me down so badly, then this OS engineer that diked me around so. I am hamstrung until these parts arrive. I know I can still begin the boring, laborious mechanical work in the meantime but I rally couldn't be bothered til' I see the diamonds Been through too much with this car & desperately need some HUGE incentive to keep going. Specially seeing I need to practice guitar again & so have very little spare time.

It will have to be a real love that erks me on now. But, I do need to get things going sooner than later. Hopefully I can begin the sin real soon haha If I do get this donor car, this may be the incentive I need

um.....why have men got nipples