View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDean View Post
I was talking with Hit Man X earlier about the main air flap maybe not working properly. I tore into the area today and found that it stays shut no matter what mode I have it set for. I've yet to find my MityVac but when I do I'll confirm that the pods are dead.

So the question now is how much does defective pods diminish my cooling capacity? Is 56-58F at the center vents on low fan speed acceptable for a W126? I know that its not quite fair to compare the center vent reading on my 190E to the 420SEL because the 190E's evaporator is right on the other side of the center vents and the 420's is elsewhere.

I found this in the FSM that might be helpful for others:
that could be a reason for temp. being less than you wish for but not restriction or high pressure on the high side, adding another can to clear up the bubles will not bring down the pressure. how old is the exspansion valve? it has a very small transfer arrea and even slite crud can plug it enough to cause high readings. then again if it is the Orifise type it may have what is called the black death, at whitch time it is flush time to clear out those contaminets. Good luck with it. OH yes before I go If your ambient temps are from 75 to 85 your high side pressure should run from 160 to 220 psi Memory (JNT)