View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharias View Post
What did you expect? Ooohs and aaahhhs and sighs of adoration from the poor huddled massses? You picked the wrong place for that.

Someone who knows these cars will be wondering how the miles were done. If the owner drove the car 50 miles, one day per week, then it sat the rest of the time, that's okay (not ideal, but okay). If the owner putted around town four miles each day for most of the car's life... I wouldn't touch that motor with a bargepole.

People who work at the dealers sometimes get their hands on one-in-a-thousand trades (the little old lady or grandpa specials) from time to time either through trades or in estate disposals, then flog them at huge prices to see if anyone bites. The target price is generally pulled out of someone's butt.

It's nice and it should fetch a good price but frankly it's in comparable shape to my '85 300d when I purchased it with 95k miles. And I paid about 1/6 of the ticket mentioned here (including transport and customs costs from NJ to Canada), 18 months ago.

Good luck with the "bigger fool" routine. It certainly works in real estate.
Why would i expect 'ooh ahhs' etc. the only reason i felt the need to comment was because of what was said about the mileage being more than what was stated...Basically i cant understand how someone can be an original owner of a car , have all his service records (plus the original sticker ) that proves the accuracy of the mileage , but then you have someone else who has never seen the car claim that the mileage is inaccurate ...that's what i was commenting about. he can ask whatever he wants, and you can make whatever comments you want to, but to say the mileage is inaccurate without any proof is what i felt the need to comment on. Its obvious, you read my post interpreted it in a way to let it be about your car etc.