View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:37 PM

Basically guys, of course this is a horrible decision for me to make. 2 years & 2 months the car has sat motionless one way or another. I'm simply tired of the continuing run-around & I now have less time to get the car on the road, due to having to move to another residence in the near future so, will lose the huge shed I have the beasty in now That's the obvious, main problem but it is also due to not having the time/incentive enough do further work that's necessary. This is due to both, not having enough experience to do some of the technical aspects (I have to admit it) & don't wanna go down the road again of having to toe the car to & from a-hole workshops, just to be sufffed round again & again. Lastly, I have to support my wife in her career endeavour (she has no family down here in Vic & moving to QLD is out for a while yet) which involves me giving her too many hrs a week to even imagine getting this car on the road within next 12 months......

As some would know, I had made my decision to go for the liquid LP installment. Yes, this would be the most awesome road to take, especially considering car is on dedicated LPG anyway (no petrol tank, pumps anything, but, it is only available in a kit form, supplied & must be fitted by exclusive workshop, but this does not include installing/tuning of the new VEMS ecu so would mean I have to then, once LPI is installed, toe the car back home, complete fitting & configuring the ECU to the fresh LPI set up & then, toe it again to tuning workshop for the dyno etc.

Also, took a really time-consuming trip just I even drove 1 1/2 hrs to check out one of the only other red W124's (a 260E actually) with black interiors that I have come across, with the intent of just swapping out the running gear from my 300E into this new one that was advertised on Ebay & ended few days ago. Some may have seen it? Well, the body/paintwork was still superior on mine so, was back to finishing off mine.....

So, I want to begin with EOI concerning taking the car as is (obviously for those members in OZ) which means the complete shell & interior with running gear (low km engine,) rebuilt auto trans & drive shafts/diff etc) on the original mags that were on the car (in pics on this thread) with good tread. This will undoubtedly be the cheapest way for anyone to pick up a bargain. Note, car has original 55k mileage & respray only 2-3 years prior to me purchasing her & has since sat either in a workshop or my garage (barely seen the light of day all this time).

Failing that, car will be completely & utterly be parted out to highest bidders/offers. Failing that (if it takes too long on some parts etc, I will be wacking them up on EBay. Obvious things that will go quick will be engine, trans, & new parts just arrived from Estonia.

Thanks guys for reading. I am contactable via PM's. OZ members, I will PM you my mobile if interested

um.....why have men got nipples

Last edited by BAD300; 04-04-2012 at 11:16 PM.