View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 08:14 PM

The Mel died again...

I posted on this awhile back....something drains the battery in the ML and it's dead when I go to start it. This time I left the car parked for 8days. So it's something that is not found when the car is driven often; i.e. charging system is working..... I caught the coolant recirc pump running longer than the 10mins it's supposed to run so we blamed it for running until the battery was dead. The pump, the switch and the battery were replaced.

Since I took it back in several times for the same problem, when it stopped happening, we thought the battery must have been sulfanated and weakened. (They just replaced the CLK battery for me under warranty, maybe there was a bad batch of batteries in 2000.... 24months is certainly premature wear in So. Cal! ) Well, the only thing that remains in the coolant pump circuit is the ECU. That's expensive but the only thing left that could be causing the coolant pump to run on... this problem is so weird and not obvious in it's cause...anyone else left their car for several days and found the battery dead?

Current wives...
2000 ML430 Skyview "The Mel"
2000 CLK430 Cab "The Cab"
85 300D Turbo "The Diesel"

Past wives...
92 300E
85 190E

"One should as a rule respect public opinion in so far as is necessary to
avoid starvation and to keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond
this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny, and is likely to
interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Bertrand Russell