View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
Yeah the arm on the driver side broke two years ago and I finally did enough mechanical maintenance that I can focus on this monster now. The headliner seems connected to the smaller rectangular part towards the back; is that the case? I was fearful of breaking it, as I have a 4 year old headliner I don't want to replace, but I noticed the flex and if it can come out down towards the windshield, I'll do that. Do you recall how much the arms cost you? Based on my dealership estimation skills, somethin' like $150 a side?

And thanks for the compliment on my MS Paint skills; I went a little overboard on the interior detail. OCD will do that
Hey solid snake. Thanks a lot for all your useful info on working on w126s. A lot of your advice has come in handy as I restored my "87 300 SDL. I was just wondering. I put in a new sunroof assembly in my SDL and it was all set in place with a new seal by an MB mechanic but he told me not to open or close it for a month and that it still needs "adjustment." This was 3 months ago and I haven't been able to contact the guy and I haven't opened the sunroof yet. I am worried as I don't want to open it without the experience of properly "adjusting" it. Do you know what he probably meant by "adjustment" and is it something you think an amateur like me could do on my own? Thanks so much Solid Snake!