View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 11:42 AM
1987 560 sel

560 sel Timing Chain Help

Well, I noticed on my 560 sel yesterday that from a dead stop when I took off some blue smoke was puffing. Not a lot but enough to notice, I am not leaking any oil but it was finally just a tad under MAX line. So after checking the other Forums and just looking all over the web everything for the W126 seems to scream Timing Chaing, Guids, Valve Cover Gaskets! I have 152k on the car and i purchased it about two weeks ago. Seller was not sure on service records but I had a machanic go over it and the car was in very good condition. Obviously I did not have the guids or chain looked at. So.... I have worked on VW's I have worked on Motorcycles and I have put a propain grill together once! How huge of a DIY job is this? Can anyone point me to some good links with pics on how to do all of this? Any advice from those of you who have done this already? Thanks. I love the car and I want to keep her going for as long as possible. I think any issues it is havin are more from age than wear and tear because the car is just clean and strait.