View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs899 View Post
That's a very desirable car (if the rust has been fixed). Post your location and you may get some personal help. I don't think it's really worth scrubbing the insides of the fuel lines with a brush. If they are that bad, just replace them- I used a roll of 1/4" brake line on a Jetta I daily drive. Best way to address bad fuel is to pull the tank, which I don't think is too hard on a W115. There is no external fuel pump- the "lift pump" is part of the injection pump assembly.

Although this certainly qualifies as "vintage", there is more traffic in the diesel forum, so you might want to post a link over there.
Ok, I've never replaced steel lines before, so I think I'm just gonna leave them for now. I think dropping the tank is a good idea if it's easy. I could definitely make sure it's clean that way.

I'm in fairfield county, CT by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tram View Post
Try adjusting the push- pull cable housing under the hood. There's a clamp down by the pump. Loosen it and push the housing about 10mm more towards the pump. Tighten it and push in the knob and your key may come out.

That knob MUST push all the way in with no spring- back to release the key. There's too much back pressure on it thru the cable.
Ok great, I will try that today. Thanks for the tip!