View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee51397 View Post
I'm hoping one of the IP experts can chime in and shed some light on this.

OM616 & WM IP
In short, is there an idle governor?

The long, idle set in park to 750-800 via the adjustment on the outside of the pump. Should idle not dip and then recover to the set point when a load is applied, like shifting into drive or when the A/C compressor kicks on?

I've been searching all week for info on both the mechanics of the pump and the governor assembly. I found a lot of great info on the actual workings of the WM pump but haven't found a single thing on the governor. If anyone could point me to some info on that I'd really appreciate it as I would really like to get a grasp on that portion of the pump.

Thanks!
The Governor Idle Pin/Rack Dampener Pin is only on the Turbocharged 5 Cylinders with MW Fuel Injection Pumps.

There is indeed an idle Spring inside of the Governor and the as long as the Idle adjustment is with in the range of the Spring the Idle is controlled by the Governor.

If you adjust the idle to the extent that the Idle Spring is completely collapsed the Governor cannot control it and you go into the midrange area where there is no governor control. People have said that can cause a runaway when you step on the Pedal.

On models that have the Rack Damper Screw if the screw is run in to far it can have a similar effect