View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdoe View Post
I got the aluminum pretty hot and they would'nt come off....I have them soaking in C.L.R overnight, maybe tomorrow.

I never thought of the glow plug holes not lining up...I did have the head resurfaced by .012 thousands of an inch which I think is about .3 mm which is not very much....and the hole in the side of the prechamber is quite abit bigger than a glow plug tip so I don't think it should be an issue, but we will find out when the seal rings get ordered and everything starts to go back together.

So, what did you do about the burr's around the holes?

I would like to see a cut away of a prechamber or an explanation of how they work. I can see the ball in there but cannot see underneath of it to know what the transition is to the little holes in the tip.
Except for hand brushing the crud off of the exterior of the Prechamber I did nothing to the burrs. I did not feel removing it would serve any prupose.
In fact my reson for pulling out the Prechamber was to test some Tools I had made. I did not remove them to clean them.
I guess it depends how big the burrs are. It is hard to see in the pic but there is a sligntly raised ring around the prechamber hole.

You could try carefully gripping ony the Aluminum Seal Ring with a Channel Locks and see if you can Rotate it. Instlling the Prechamber Puller Tool would allow you something to hold onto.
Attached Thumbnails
Prechamber cleaning 617 turbo-11-use-slide-hammer-pull-out-prechamberx.jpg  

Last edited by Diesel911; 06-16-2012 at 11:52 AM.