View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Who's flying this thing ?

flourescent bright colored finish off the "safety kit" on a euro spec Mercedes Be3nz

Safety vests and trunk triangles___ (just back from Germany yesterday)

The German passenger cars ("PKW's) are also required to have a trunk triangle that can be seen on the trunk if you pop the trunk, or set it up on the highway behind your disable car. (Saw a broken down car on the autobahn north of Munich day before yesterday and the triangle was set up behind the car)

AND to complete the "euroization" of my car I went to an autoteile (Auto parts) store in a small town in Gwermany) and I bought new flouerscent vests in reflective orange and one in green! on sale there, for my cars; these are not actually LEGALLY required in Germany but strongly recommended that every car have one, for when you have to step outside the car if it breaks down on a German road!)

Also (parenthetically) for a long time the first aid kits tat came in the cars from Europe, bound for sale in the USA were ILLEGAL!

..... ILLEGAL euro-spec first aid kits because some of the medicines/ingredients did not yet have FDA approval from the USA.

And the trunk triangles, were US DOT illegal; god knows why that is.

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)