View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 02:46 PM

If it has to do with the support it should be welded.
The Belly rust in the first pic could be covered with fiber Glass Cloth and Bondo or another Resin type stuff. But, if you are going to weld the other stuff you might as well weld that also.

You have more rust but I think mine was worse. My Rear Cross Member actually cracked and was causing a groaning sound when I backed up.

I bought a Harbor Freight Flux Core Welder ($99 when they have a good sale on it); it comes with one 2lb Spool of Welding Wire.

I am no prize welder with the Material laying flat. For Me it was at least 5 times more difficult time under the Car on my Back.

I delayed doing what I should have done in the first place and that was to get the Car as high as possible off of the Ground with the Equipment I had. The effect was that the last part of the job came out better than the first half because I had more room to work in.

I welded over the Cracks and filled the Hole on the bottom in with weld and ground it down and welded the Plate on the Bottom.

I also welded up 2 holes and a crack I had in one of my Rear Control Arms.
Attached Thumbnails
Opinions on This Rust!?-rear-frame-dsc01396-smallerz.jpg   Opinions on This Rust!?-dsc01413.jpg   Opinions on This Rust!?-welding-rear-cross-member.jpg