View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 06:29 PM
Extreme Mercedes Fan

Lost all engine coolant – Help!!

Ok, so decided I needed to beat this guy next to me in an Eclipse to the next stop light. So as the current light turns green I gun the accelerator. The rear wheels spin and I’m out in front, cool. At the next stoplight I start to smell coolant inside the car and notice that the heat coming out of the dash vents are no longer warm. I check the temp gauge – still at normal. Less then a minute later I start to see steam drifting up from under the hood – Damn. Then the temp gauge starts to climb. Luckily by this time I’m in front of my garage and I pull in way before the gauge gets anywhere near the red zone. I turn of the engine and pop the hood, and half the engine is wet and the coolant on the intake is causing the steam. Upon closer inspection with a flashlight, I notice that one of my coolant hoses is loose, the actual black plastic part it’s connected to cracked in half allowing all the coolant to spill out on the intake side. This piece is located close to the firewall, under the wiper and is the hard plastic part that connects the hoses together. See red Circle.

Now my car is out of commission and I won’t be able to order this part until Monday. No more silly stuff for me!

Can anyone with an Epic CD help me get the part number? I also will need the instruction on what to disassemble to gain access to it. I guess things could have been much worse but now I’m thinking I should change ALL the coolant hoses. Just to be sure!

1990 Acura Integra (given away!)
1995 Mazda Miata Merlot SE (sold)
2003 Honda Element EX 4WD (sold)
1994 C280 - (sold)
1985 190e 2.3 5spd (sold)
1991 Yamaha FZR1000 (sold)
1994 MB S420 (sold)
1994 BMW 318ica (sold)
1991 Mazda Miata BRG SE (sold)
1989 Fiat Spyder (Died!)

Last edited by CD_NY; 11-23-2002 at 06:40 PM.