View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greazzer View Post
Since I got a 5 speed going into my W123, I dont need any transmission vacuum stuff.

Do you think adding an extra vacuum tank hidden behind the fender would be a good deal ? Because I am looking at some alternatives with my breaking system, although somewhat pricey, I can actually get rid of my entire vacuum assisted break system. If I went that route, I would be able to get rid of a bunch of stuff and the vacuum requirment would be super low, e.g., just for the locking system and HVAC.

Once I get my block back from the machine shop, I will post a bunch of pictures with all my stuff removed from the block. Right now, the only crucial mechanical pumps are the altenator & IP, and the A/C in the summer months. Other than that, it's electric. I am very impressed with the Davis-Craig EWP and I am OK with a mechanical / manaul steering box even though I was warned it was horrible to turn the wheel. Not so bad IMO.

Let me know your thoughts if you don't mind because the fenders are going back on within a week or 2.
A Vacuum Reservoir helps when you have a bunch of fast repeated brake Pumping.

I am using an old Coffee type Can for for one on my Volvo Diesel after the Plastic one Cracked.

The Vacuum Pump on that is another Peirburg but a different design. You cant go down to the local Junk yard and expect to find one.
It has a Manual Transmission with Overdrive and only the Brakes need Vacuum.

If you eliminated the Vacuum Brake Booster what would be the alternative to replace the Power part of the Power Brakes.

My 53 Chevy PU Truck has no Power Brakes but they are Drum Brakes. Ther Servo Action of the Brakes uses part of motion of the Vehicle to help with the Braking Power.

I know when I had my Vacuum Check Valve on the V Pump Fail the braking got Scary hard.
Stronger Leg Muscles needed Fast!