View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Grok this

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMENICK View Post
Aug 24, 2012

A few weeks ago I purchased a certified pre owned 2009 CLK from the Mercedes dealership in Tampa Fl. The car had more miles on it then I wanted to see but it had the right color and options that I wanted. *The salesmen was very persuasive in his sales pitch. He emphasized *that the car was a certified pre owned car, that it had gone through 150+ inspections, that anything that was not at 70% of it's life had been replaced. "Things like tires and brakes had to be at at least 70% or they would be replaced." with that being said I went ahead and bought it. I also went ahead and bought the extended warranty.*

After few days of driving the car I hand washed the car and noticed that the rotors had a large ridge worn into the rotor. That got me thinking that maybe the dealer had not checked out the breaks and rotors as they said they did. I called my salesmen and told him of my concerns. I asked if he could check the maintenance records to see when the breaks were last changed. He said sure he would do that for me and call me back. Again he reassured me that the breaks would have to have been 70% or better to qualify to be a certified car. *He never called me back. I had a few medical issues which put me in the hospital and unable to follow up with the salesmen for a couple of weeks. I had been living in Jacksonville Fl so driving back to Tampa fl was not a short trip. However I did get down to Tampa this week and expressed *my though again to the salesmen. He had the service records pulled up by the service manager and I was told that the breaks had been checked and that the pads had 6mm left on them. That was just over 50% left on them and that was all that was required. I told him that the salesmen had told me that they had to be at least 70%. He said the salesmen was wrong. I spoke to the salesmen again and again he said 70% was right. He went and talked to the service manager and came back and told me that if I paid for the parts they would put them in at no additional cost. I told him no that the whole brake job should be done at no charge. He said that his sales manager was not in, that he would see what he could do for me and get back with me in a couple of days. This has not happen. I asked the service manager on my way out if he had spoken with my salesmen. He said yes and said he set him straight. That 50% was the right number. When I got home I looked it up on the Internet and confirmed that my salesmen had mislead me. That 50% is what is shown on the requirements for a certified car.*

If I had known how weak the certified car requirements really are i would not have bought this car or paid the extra bucks to get a certified car. * *

Ok here's my questions

Do you think I have a case to get my breaks done at no charge?

How do you go about filling a compliant with the Better Business Burial or Mercedes.

To be truthful I am so pissed off about the misrepresentation by the salesmen that I would like to make them take the car back.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Domenick
BBB complaint process is a farce. Their website is United States and Canada BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings