View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Having worked in a dealership myself, anything that is in black on a piece of paper with authorized signatures is the only ticket to something done or owed or claimed.

I bought a CPO Altima, I had seen the car a day before and it was near closing so I came the next day, I was very throrough in checking it - even removed the locked dipstick to check the color of the CVTF.

It had very good Continental tyres on it, meanwhile my wife had took a picture of the car with her phone, fast forward, when we buy the car and took it out onto the freeway it started a very nasty rumble, I stopped and checked to see whats up, the rear tires were shot, cupped, worn, etc.

Go back and the dealership tried to pull a fast one claiming that I had curbed the car and caused the problem and I was completely out of my mind saying that the car had very good tyres yesterday, coincidentally my wife noted that the wheelcaps are different from the picture in her phone too.

I pulled out the CPO and vehicle safety inspection, and told them that if you pasted a pass sticker on this car with such bad tires, you better get your act straight. I put up an email with Nissan USA and got new tires and brakes too.

I have been to them for an engine noise issue - it literally grumbles on startup like the crankshaft is spinning dry - they have tested oil pressure and its perfect, they did replace the timing variator as they suspected it to be bad, but still is does the same thing and also makes an odd noise at idle speed too. Which Im told is normal. It doesnt consume oil.

Ive also been told that the CVTF cooler I added would void warranty..

1995 E300D - The original humming machine (consumed by Flood 2017)
2000 E320 - The evolution (consumed by flood 2017)