View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAVBMW View Post
Just got one for the girlfriend. Haven't even gotten to shoot it yet. Hoping to do that next weekend. She sure likes the way it feels, and for that matter, so do I. What were they wanting for it? New or used?
New. Price tag was the same as CZ's website, $770 - but when I stated that if I decided to buy it, it would be a straight-out purchase - no credit involved - the gunsmith said he could probably talk them into a decent cash discount - just guessing on my part it'd be somewhere in the 700 - 750 range.

I'm starting to think that perhaps I ought to check out the 12 gauge version. All of my scatterguns save one - the Stoeger Uplander 20 ga - are from before the steel/nontoxic shot era - and all of the 12's in that group only have 2 3/4 chambers - a definite consideration given that many state gamelands in the area also have waterfowl hunting and nontoxic shot requirements as a general rule, even if you aren't going after waterfowl.

Having a "modern" 12 gauge with 3 inch chambers, steel shot capable, and changeable choke tubes - to go along with the same capabilities in the Stoeger 20 gauge - might give me a few more options to play with.

Mitchell Oates
Mooresville, NC
'87 300D 212K miles
'87 300D 151K miles - R.I.P. 12/08
'05 Jeep Liberty CRD 67K miles
Grumpy Old Diesel Owners Club