View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozeke418 View Post
Where does the vacuum come from for the door locks? The trunk locks regularly but the doors do not. The previous owner says they were disconnected but I'm not sure from where. I know there is a vacuum pump in the spare tire well in the trunk. But, does the vacuum come from there? There's an electrical harness going to that also. Thanks.
Let me give it a shot. What actually is the problem?

1) You can lock/unlock the car from the trunk but not from either driver/pass doors?
2) You change the pump and the problem remains?
3) You use a mityvac and all doors locks as expected. That means all the pods and the lines are holding vacuum and the problem is electrical.

The lock/vacuum works on a very simple principle. When you lock, a switch tells the pump to suck/vacuum. When you unlock, the switch tells the pump to push. The signal is not getting to the pump from both doors. Check the connectors to the pods in both doors. I cannot remember exactly but it is a 3-wires connector and there is a yellow wire which is the sensing line. It is a 0/12v ( not sure which voltage) signal to the yellow line to lock/unlock.

W124 Keyless remote, PM for details. http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-used-parts-sale-wanted/334620-fs-w124-chasis-keyless-remote-%2450-shipped.html

1 X 2006 CDI
1 x 87 300SDL
1 x 87 300D
1 x 87 300TDT wagon
1 x 83 300D
1 x 84 190D ( 5 sp ) - All R134 converted + keyless entry.