View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbozeke418 View Post
I played around with the system some more tonight. When I turn the key in one direction the yellow light line depowers and the blue one powers. When I turn the key the other way the blue light depowers and the yellow stays on. Nothing happens at the passenger or trunk locks. Are either suppose to? The "new" unit was plugged in again and got so hot I couldn't touch it. Then the old unit I had doesn't do anything. If the relay works to the pump from the drivers door then maybe I bought a bad used unit? Does that sound right? I can't think of anything else it could be.
It sounds like your electrical system is working. The pump has two modes: vac and push.

Would you be able to take a picture of your unbroken connector so I can see which color wires go where on the pump? I think mine works and if I could get it connected, I could help you diagnose. Or at least verify the wiring is correct.
1983 300SD - Good interior. Engine finally tamed ~250K.
Monark Nozzle Install Video - http://tinyurl.com/ptd2tge