View Single Post
Old 12-02-2002, 10:16 PM

I would be interested in finding out the bulletin number and date. I would then have a Canadian dealer or MB Canada fax me a copy of it. Very interested in finding this out. Usually directves of this nature originate from DBAG (now DCAG) and would be followed through on a world-wide scale, not just one country.
Although I did find out that MB Canada never made the removal of the Trap Oxidizer a service campaign like it was in the US, but this was emission related, and possibly what applies in one country in regards to emissions won't be regulated in another. But a timing chain replacement recommendation you would think would apply to all engines in a particular range. Besides you state that it is recommended at an interval which wouldn't make it a warranty concern.
I personally have never seen chain replacement intervals by Mercedes, only the process for checking for stretch, and even this inspection doesn't have a listed interval.

Gilly

ps Was this recommendation for all MB engines, all Diesel engines, or just a particular Diesel engine type?